Sunday, March 11, 2007

25 weeks and going commando

So one of the mom's in my mom's group told me that an advocate for the Bradley Method (a form of child-birthing class I wanted to take that promotes natural childbirth) did a study on childbirth and women who wear underwear vs. those who don't. The results were that for those women who did not wear underwear while pregnant had an easier delivery and lower need for an episiotomy. By wearing no underwear, the skin "down there" is less constricted and stretches out easier to make way for baby. Not sure what I think about it, but the next time you see me, I may be "going commando." Or not.


Congrats to Janie and Aunt Mel- they are the next two to figure out the baby's name (although, according to Ryan, they cheated). That makes a total of four people to know.

Ryan and I are trying to find some place to go for 3 or 4 days- a little R&R before the baby comes. Any ideas? We want someplace warm, and we'd like to avoid a plane. Although a short plane trip would be ok.


A bizarre fact about pregnancy: sometimes when I sneeze, a little pee comes out. (chuckle) The only remedy I have been told about is to do kegel's. So now, I am going commando, peeing a little when I don't intend to, and doing kegel's.



Hahahahahaha!

(Side note: I just read this to Ryan. He said "Do we really need to be honest about this? You are going to embarrass me.")

I took a water aerobics class this week on the advice of my obgyn and chiropractor. I really hate water aerobics. Actually, I hate being cold in the pool and it was cold! When you are a runner water aerobics seem so ineffective. But, my back is hurting so...I will be back in class tomorrow night. I hope it helps!

I think my feet are starting to make the trip from size 7.5 to size 8. My shoes are fitting a bit tighter these days. I never thought I would do it, but I succumbed to buying Crocs. They are roomy and comfy, but god-awful ugly!

Other than that, we are all doing really well! She wakes up about every three hours, plays and eats for about 20-30 minutes, then goes back to sleep. No hiccups yet. Ryan got to see her move in my belly for the first time- usually he can feel her, but this time he watched her move. On Friday night he was really tired so he rested his head on my belly. He could hear her sloshing and moving all around- he was tripping out! It was so cute.

Ryan has leadership training all week in San Jose so he will be staying there through Friday. I am going to stay with him on Tuesday night. That means I will be home alone, so if anyone is up for dinner...call!

Hold on...a..ah...achoo! (Excuse me!) Oh man! Bring on the Depends.

3 comments:

Rebeccah said...

My mom (Krista's Aunt Mel) did cheat, but not intentionally.

Eric said...

I knew the CROCS would be coming!

Heather C said...

I love this picture of you! You look great, Krista!! What color crocs did you buy??? I agree they are ugly but sure comfy...I love mine!!

Also, my mom lied to me, she said she didn't know her name yet! :(