Week 17 and all is well. Well, except for Ryan. He is not doing well. He has become sick in the head. He shops non-stop for this baby, which isn't even here yet. Every day it seems a new box shows up either from Baby Gap, Old Navy, or Banana Republic. (although it is fitting that our child will wear clothes from Banana) I keep telling him to stop. But he can't. "But it's sooo cute! And what a deal!" It's a disease.I do have to confess though, I have a shopping fetish as well...but what I shop for will last longer than 0-3 mos or 6-12 mos. Children's books. I LOVE childrens books. I can't wait until the nursery is ready and I can just sit in the rocking chair and read to the baby. Of course I have already begun to read to the baby, and play music for the baby, but in my imagination it seems absolutely magical to just sit in the nursery and think...and read...and live.
But the 5 books I have purchased doesn't compare to the boxes and boxes of clothes Ry has bought.
Speaking of clothes, I need to go buy some more for myself. I have two pairs of pants I can wear for work. It is tricky making those two pair look different each day.
I am sure you are dying to know: this week the baby is the size of an onion. Not a great addition to your fruit salad, eh, Amy? Hehe. I have become really fond of belly rubs from Ryan, actually, it's more like a belly massage. Speaking of the belly, I am starving! I just want everyone to know that my husband isn't taking care of the inside of my belly. It's now 12noon and Ryan is supposed to cook me breakfast. He hasn't yet. He is probably shopping for baby clothes. Forget him, I am going to cook pancakes for myself. I will put up a picture of my belly after I have eaten.
Ciao! (Or should I say "chow?")
2 comments:
It's now Sunday at 4:44 pm and still no photo. Perhaps you are both on the internet shopping while grammy sits here waiting to see the growth my grandchild is causing my daughter-in-law. Oh well!! Guess I will just have to be patient.
CONGRATULATIONS!! Ry just told me (via online chat) last night about the happy news! I'm so excited for you both!!
I just CANNOT believe that Mr. Muffin Man (Papa to Be) is the big spender already. I think that this is setting the pattern for the future...the baby is going to have him wrapped around his/her tiny little fingers!! =)
Love being able to read the blog and participate virtually in the new adventure with you two!
Post a Comment