
You know how each week the baby's size is compared to a food? I have decided that whatever that food is, I am going to eat it. So this week I have to eat zucchini! I think I will saute it and add a little garlic and rosemary. Mmmm. Ok, I should remove the garlic- I have stinky farts right now. Maybe it will have to be zucchini bread.
Our friends Shaun and Tou (who are due in July with their 2nd) sent us a link to a company that rents fetal monitors by the month. I am thinking of getting one of those so we can listen to the baby's heartbeat. I really don't think I have felt the baby move yet (but maybe this morning- I really don't know) so the monitor will help relieve my nerves.
Update: Sunday PM: Ok, because of unknown side effects from frequent use of a fetal monitor, Amy, after reading this post, has begged me to not get one. She is going to send me a stethoscope instead.
I bought some Baby Mozart and have been playing it for the baby. Ryan's comment (as we are all listening to it right now) was "Is this what my life is going to become? Can't we put on some rap music?" Nope, sorry hon. No rap for this baby!
We got our crib! A coworker of Ryan's gave it to us and now it is in our garage. The room is still in shambles so it will be sometime before it ever makes it up there.
I definately feel like I am pregnant now. It is such a wild and mysterious experience. I am really sorry that Ryan can't experience the way I am- but I try to explain all of the sensations to him. He is so good about massaging my belly- it's the first thing he does when he gets home from work each day (well, the second. Smooches are first!). He is going to be such a great dad (although if I find out he is playing rap for the baby...).Ok, lunchtime. Gotta go feed the kid.
No comments:
Post a Comment