
Greetings from the Smitty's and the sweet potato!
Well, we received word that all of our bloodwork from the AFP testing came back normal which means we are low-risk for any developmental challenges. I am so relieved!
We have decided that my art studio is going to become the nursery and the guest bedroom will now be an art studio/guest bedroom. I have begun what will probably be a long and tedious task of clearing things out of the studio. The upstairs now looks like a bomb went off. But I'd much rather start on that now- besides, being the organizational freak that I am, I actually enjoy this sort of thing!
I have been REALLY hungry lately. I could eat and eat and eat and not get full. And if I did get full, just give me 30 minutes. Thank god it isn't going straight to my butt or I'd be in trouble! And I can't tell you how bad I want to go for a run. A long, hard run along the Bay. That is something I have really begun to miss. Walking or doing the elliptical just isn't the same!
Everyone keeps asking if I have felt the baby move yet. I am not totally sure, to be honest. I think I have, but everyone keeps saying I will know. So then I have to say I probably haven't.
On Wednesday night Lori, the branch manager of the escrow office I use, as well as Paula, the assistant to the mortgage broker I use (all work on my floor), decided to do a test to see what the sex is of the baby. So here I am, lying on the floor next to our office manager's desk, and Elena (the office manager) is hanging a silver cross over my belly. Agents would just walk by and stare. So did our broker, Liz. Everyone was cracking up. If it swings back and forth its a boy and if it goes in a circle its a girl..."It's a boy!" But then Lori said the real test is to put a needle with some thread into the eraser on a pencil and do the same thing. She has been right 100% of the time (of course, there were only 2 times!) So when I got home, I made Ryan do it. He kept calling it hocus pocus. Well, the stupid pencil wouldn't move so I kept telling him "you HAVE to believe!" It still didn't work. Guess you will just have to wait until Feb. 12th to find out.
Ok, time to go make dinner. Bye!
1 comment:
If you think you have felt the baby, then you probably have. It feels like a little flutter that doesn't belong to you.
I hope for your sake the baby is not another Ry weighing in at 10 pounds 2 ounces, 22-1/2 inches long and only three weeks late.
Post a Comment