
We had our big ultrasound this morning where they perform a "physical" of the baby, measuring and taking pictures. It was so amazing! The baby was clenching its fists and releasing them (aka "jazz hands" as Beccah called it) and crossing and uncrossing its legs- already a show off! Here are some pictures from the ultrasound.


Last night I experienced something very annoying. I woke up around 2am STARVING. I wasn't just a little hungry, I was so hungry that my stomach was hurting! So I got up and made myself a piece of toast, then went back to bed. Apparently it wasn't enough. But I fought it! I was going to go back to sleep no matter what. An hour later I was still awake, and still starving. I should have gotten up, but I didn't. When I woke up this morning I thought I was going to die of starvation. Tonight I think I will eat a snack before bed.
As I mentioned, last week I went down to So. Cal for a visit. I was spoiled rotten! Between shopping with Beccah and my aunt, I came home with twice as much as I left with! I now have all of the comfy maternity clothes I will ever need! Here is what I know about maternity clothes:
1. "Pea in the Pod" is to "Motherhood Maternity" what "Banana Republic" is to "Old Navy."
2. Maternity clothes are sized according to your pre-prego size. Whatever. So not true.
3. The bigger the better. The softer the better.
4. Don't spend a lot on bras as your boobs will be bigger next month.
5. Shopping for maternity clothes is more fun when you are with people you love.
6. Not everyone who works at a maternity store is nice.
7. Strap on the maternity pillow under your clothes- it's pretty amusing.
8. I have a desire to wear colors rather than just Pottery Barn earth tones.
9. Nursing clothes are wierd.
10. When all else fails, buy a bella band.
So I can say with absolute certainty that the baby is kicking! No ifs ands or buts about it. We've got a soccer player on our hands! I especially notice it at night when things have calmed down. Such a wierd experience! It's like little tiny earthquakes inside the belly. Or like when your muscles have a little twitch. Amazing!
Oh, and I guess I don't have to say "it" anymore...she's a girl!



3 comments:
Awesome!! Now we can start thinking pink. She is sure going to be spoiled by her three cousins, Alec, Seth and Reid, not to mention the rest of both families. Congratulations to the new Daddy and Mommy with love from Grammy.
Your musings over buying maternity cloths is very amusing. I had a picture of the scenes of you in the fitting room and it was pretty funny. Contrats on the only girl grandchild in the family(Smith). She will be so spoiled by all the relatives. I could go shopping right now!!
Love the blog and Love to you guys,
Auntie Inn
Yippee, a girl!! She's going to be so adorable, I can't wait to make something for her. Thanks for the updates!!
jennette
Post a Comment