Saturday, February 17, 2007

22 weeks - what's in a name?

Ok, $20 bucks to the first person who can identify this flower...

...ok, not really- but you will get kudos for guessing the baby's name.

It's now been nearly a week since we found out we were having a girl. What a difference it makes to go from calling the baby "it" or "muffin" to "her/she." It's as though she is no longer a foreign object and now is a member of the family.

I do have to confess, I went out and bought an outfit for her- I HAD to do it before Ryan did! It is the cutest little outfit I have ever seen! Little overalls with patches on it and a butterfly onesie. TOO CUTE! No more shopping for us though- we promise! (right, Ryan? :-)

Sleep is sooooo overrated. Although I am not as physically exhausted as I was in the first trimester, I never wake up refreshed, no matter how much sleep I get. Now I seem to always have heavy eyes, but lots of energy. Here is a typical night: go to bed around 11:30-12:00, wake up at 2:00am from hunger, figure I may as well get up to pee, but I don't eat. Go back to bed, fall asleep, wake up an hour and a half later because my back hurts, so I spend the next hour trying to get comfortable (I now have pillows everywhere)- try the left side- arm starts to hurt do to previous shoulder injury, try my back (even though I am not supposed to be on my back, by this point I am desperate), flop to the right. I am still hungry. Finally fall asleep an hour later with a cat next to my head. Wake up to the same orange cat yelling at me around 7:30 (feed me mom- I am going to DIE if I don't eat NOW!)- push him off the bed, he comes back, pet him, push him off, fall back asleep for another 20 minutes, then finally get out of bed. 3:30 in the afternoon- I am burnt. So I listen to my body, lay down on the couch, this time with the tail-less cat, sleep for an hour and a half, wake up even more tired.

But it is all worth it...

...right?


She is kicking all the time now! I love it! She's like an adorable little rumble in my tummy. Ryan has felt her only a couple of times though- I think he is getting frustrated with her because he will grab my belly and try and make her move! It's so cute.

The upstairs is no longer a red zone- you can now walk through it. We are working on colors for the room, but will most likely go with a light green and chocolate brown as the main colors, and maybe yellow and raspberry as accents.



Look! My belly button is almost an out-ee! And when I laugh, it definately becomes an out-ee. It's hysterical to watch!


Big hugs to all.

3 comments:

Heather Smith said...

Is that the "Heather" flower?? (hee! hee!) I went to make a comment last week but didn't have an account. Thanks for the awesome ultrasound pictures...how cool!!!

Wow, Krista...I just saw you last weekend and you have popped out even more! That little girl is growing like a week in your tummy. Enjoy all of it and just keep sleeping!! :)

Eric said...

no cash prize?? i need proper motivation! i'll wait until the little english cucumber plops out. =)

i can't believe ryan changed the filename of the image....actually, i can believe it =P

-eric

The Conster said...
This comment has been removed by the author.