Sunday, April 01, 2007

28 weeks- the sugar runneth over

I was just getting ready to go to bed when I realized I hadn't posted anything yet. And since I know that y'all just can't start your Monday without the latest baby smitty du jour reading, I decided to sit down and blog rather than sleep- which I don't get much of- so consider yourselves lucky! However, there won't be a picture up tonight. Sorry!

We had a prenatal appointment on Friday. It went well; the baby is measuring in at 26-1/2 weeks (don't worry, this is fine) so I am pretty sure she will be late. Oh joy. My nurse practioner will neither confirm nor deny. Weight is good, although I lost a pound. But I am sure I have a pound or two to spare from my derrier. Everything else with the baby looks good.

I also had glucose testing done to determine if I have gestational diabetes. I had to drink this super sweet orange concoction loaded with sugar...mmmmm...not so good...and then see how well my body absorbed the sugar. I won't have the results until this week. It was funny though- the nurse who was drawing my blood accidently brushed up against my boobs. I told her not to worry, they seem to be getting in the way of everything these days.

Although I have a middle name picked out, Ryan isn't into it yet. He has designed a program in FrontPage that will allow us to view the names in some sort of order, and see how they look on paper and sound in person. Only Ryan. As if this will help me pick the name- I already know what it will be!

We also started interviewing doula's. We have met with two so far and have one more interview set up. What a fascinating job to have! Jill- Ryan and I think you should look into becoming one- you'd be very good at it. How great it would be to be to experience so many babies coming into this world!

On another note, for all of you concerned folks out there, my eye is doing much better, thank you. And thank you for all of the emails in response to my recent post. Gotta keep you on your toes!

Ok, I really need to go to bed now. I am exhausted. Sweet dreams!

No comments: