Monday, April 09, 2007

29 weeks- a shower full of presumptions

I love my husband. He is strong, supportive, handsome, and will be a great dad. But I can't wait until we take the childbirthing class.

Last weekend we began to interview doula's. Most doula's usually meet with you twice before the due date, but for Ryan, one of the doula's suggested we have not 2, but 3 meetings! Why do you ask? Ryan was suprised to find out that the moment the water breaks, you DO NOT have to be bedridden. He assumed once labor begins that you have to be in bed the entire time.

We watch Scrubs and Grey's Anatomy together. I thought he would have known this.

Note to self: never assume Ryan knows.

On another note...We went down to So. Cal this weekend and had our first baby shower. It was so great to see all of our family and my friends from high school and college. We received so many great gifts. One thing is for sure, this will be a well-dressed kid! Ryan doubted that we could fit it all into his hybrid- but put me to the task and I can get it done. And so I did! We also announced the baby's name. Care to take a guess at what it is? Hahahahahaha!

Oh my gosh- I have to tell another funny Ryan story. (Sorry hon, but this is just too much!) My girlfriend Jenny has an adorable 12 year old daughter named Kiersten. Kiersten made the cutest card for us! She also asked if Ryan would be changing the baby's diaper with gloves on, and if so, she'd like a picture! THIS from a 12 year old. Do we all know Ryan or what?!!

Sorry this is late, we didn't get home from LA until around 1am last night. Ryan did take a picture when we got home, but he is currently in Austin- with the camera. If he has some time, he will put it up.

Hugs to all!

No comments: