Tuesday, July 10, 2007

3 weeks: Why didn't anyone tell me?

Why didn't anyone tell me that by week 3 my adorable, sweet, perfect little girl, all bundled in pink and smelling like fresh flowers, would be covered in zits? Yes, she has baby acne. So if I don't let you come over this week, you now know why. Yes, I am vain. But y'all know this about me. Oh yah? Ryan feels the same way. So we are both vain. What do you want from us? We love our daughter, but until these go away...you can't see her.

Melia is sleeping 3-5 hours at night. It is so nice! Of course I don't sleep the whole time because she is a very verbal sleeper. She squeaks. Like a mouse. And whinny's like a horse. It is so cute. The current night schedule: Ryan stays up with her until 3 or 4 am (they usually sleep on the couch) and then I get up to feed her and take on the morning shift. We usually fall back asleep, but I only sleep for an hour as she ends up squeaking for the next 2 hours...but would I change a thing? Nope.

So now we have a squeaky, pimply baby. A squeaky, pimply, poopy, farting baby. And then she smiles. Oh, my heart melts! And she can imitate sticking out her tongue. Soooo cute...even if she is covered in zits.

2 comments:

Elena said...

Oh come now, you both have read every baby book in existence...you knew this was coming.... but to deny her adoring public contact with her....for shame!

The Conster said...

So if you won't let us come over and see her with zits, will you at least post a picture? :P

Not everyone knows what baby zits look like!

Sorry, just had to be a wise-arse. ;)