The family is gone, Ryan is back to work, and I am beat! My back is so out of whack that my chiropractor would cringe. And I can't believe I am saying this, but I could really use a massage. And I am not a fan of massages. But I am sure that nobody wants to read about my woes and aches, let's talk Melia!Melia had her first official day at the office. On Sunday I took her to meet some clients to sign paperwork. My clients have a 6 week old so they got to hang out. On Monday Melia went to her first escrow signing. She did awesome! We even managed to get some office work done for a couple of hours. She is my side-kick in training. I should get her a Windermere onesie.
We are working on tummy-time, trying to get her to lift her head
while on her tummy. She isn't a fan of this, probably because she is a haven for gas. But she is getting there. She is also smiling at us more. It is too cute! Her eyes are changing, although we haven't a clue what they are changing to. One eyeball is literally half blue and half brown. It is so trippy!
while on her tummy. She isn't a fan of this, probably because she is a haven for gas. But she is getting there. She is also smiling at us more. It is too cute! Her eyes are changing, although we haven't a clue what they are changing to. One eyeball is literally half blue and half brown. It is so trippy!The cats are adjusting well. Even Chuckie, who was so pissed off in the beginning, is hanging out with us.
Melia and I joined a mother's group that meets every Tuesday. There are 11 of us and the kids are ages 3 weeks to 11 weeks. It is so helpful to be around other moms who are dealing with the exact same issues that I am. It is very reassuring to hear the other moms' stories. I can't wait for the kids to get bigger so that they can start interacting!
Other than that, we are still trying to figure things out, like when to sleep and how the hell to get a warm dinner on the table. It isn't easy. But for every step backwards we take 2 forwards. Baby steps, right?
Ok, the sun is setting, I am beat, and going to bed. Of course I should probably eat some dinner first. Oh, and feed Melia. Thank goodness Ryan ate.


PICTURES:
Ok, the sun is setting, I am beat, and going to bed. Of course I should probably eat some dinner first. Oh, and feed Melia. Thank goodness Ryan ate.



PICTURES:
1) All dressed up and ready to go to work.
2) Working in tummy time.
3) Looking at myself in the mirror under the mobile for the first time.
4) Time for bed.
5) Staring at some black and white images- my favorite thing to do besides eat.
1 comment:
Wendy says that Melia (on that picture where she is face down) should be the new commercial for Febreze! what a cutie!
Post a Comment