Nipple WarsMelia's newest game is "Nipple Tug-of War." Open mouth, grab on nipple, suck some milk, turn head, take nipple with, smile, repeat. She thinks this is a riot. Playing with her food already. Oh joy!
Bye Bye Paci
Melia is no longer taking the pacifier- it is ALL about the left thumb. She is really good at using it to comfort herself. She hasn't quite figured out what to do with the rest of the fingers: sometimes they are across her nose, sometimes they are in her eye. But the thumb knows right where to go! I think she will be a lefty as I did this when I was her age.
Yucky Cold
Oh snot; oh snot extractor. Goin' on day 12 now. She is really building her immune system! We saw the doctor today, her lungs and ears look perfect so she is on the mend...all 13 lb 12 oz of her!
Sit Ups
Melia LOVES to be pulled up from a laying position to a sitting position. She actually "asks" for it by pulling her head up. It is too cute!
Spitting Game
I tought Melia to do raspberries, only her tongue doesn't stick out. Maybe it should be called a blueberry. I think that this, along with Nipple Wars, is her favorite thing to do right now. She is very good at it too! But the drool...oh the drool that comes with blueberries.
Road Trip
I went up to Mendocino last weekend for a women's business retreat and brought Melia with me. Although the car ride was fantastic (it was about 4 hours), she did feel a bit out of sorts once we were there. Needless to say I didn't get much sleep. At least it was good to know that she does well with distances.


(Melia pulled the towel over her eyes all on her own.)
No comments:
Post a Comment