Well we're headed into the last two weeks of the first trimester and my boobs aren't really hurting anymore. I am however getting more tired during the day and now I'm having to get up in the middle of the night to pee (there goes a full night of sleep for the next 18 years).
We get weekly updates from babycenter.com on the status of the baby and each week they describe the size as a food item (grain of rice, kidney bean, raspberry, etc) - this week she/he is the size of a lime weighing in at a whopping 1/2 ounce. We had a pretty busy weekend - Aunt Mel and Uncle Les came in to town for a wedding and stayed with us. On Saturday Aunt Mel took me to JoAnn's Fabrics and Michael's and bought me a crochet needle and yarn and proceeded to teach me how to crochet a baby blanket. After spending the afternoon learning to crochet, I think it'd be easier to go out and buy one :)
Ryan's company party was Friday night and it seems now that most of PayPal knows we're pregnant. This is a picture from the party.We then went to dinner on Saturday night with my latest client and his new wife. It turns out they are 8 weeks pregnant. Now I have somebody to share in all the woes of pregnancy, as well as the joys. Ryan's been bugging me to find people that live close by that are also pregnant, so I guess this is the beginning of my new prenatal mom's group :)
I think I previously mentioned that I am carrying a "muffin" and I'm the muffin tin. It was actually our friend Linda that originally called it a muffin. We were telling the story to Aunt Mel and Uncle Les and Aunt Mel called Ryan the "muffin man." We all got a good kick out of that.
Ok, you've been updated for the week - I'm going to bed!
No comments:
Post a Comment