Monday, February 26, 2007

What week is this? I can't keep track! (It's week 23 dear)

I know, I know- this is a day late. Who knew so many people actually checked it on Sunday nights! Sheesh!

Speaking of "who knews..." Who knew that the flower picture would create such a ruckus! We just figured people would look at the picture, make a guess, and be done with it! Nope! Between Janie calling all pissed off because she had just spent the last 4 hours on the computer looking at every flower picture in existence to Eric Joe casually slipping in names during conversations with Ryan at work to Laura saying "I don't know what the *&@#! this picture is- I will just have to wait until I meet her!" -this little girl has really created a controversy. But I have to give kudos to Elena- she has created a strategy that is so well thought out that if anyone gets it, she will get it. Elena, you are so close!
Want to know what the #1 guess is? Lily. And Connie came up with the most unique name: Ixia. Great guesses!

I went to my first official "Mom's Group" meeting on Friday. Most of the women are new moms (the oldest was 8 months- no, not the mom, the baby!) and live near me. I was the only pregnant one, but that turned out to be a good thing- I got lots of advice! It was a lot of fun!

Tomorrow marks the 13 year anniversary of my mom's passing. Oh man. It's gonna be a tough one this year. I am so greatful to all of the mom's in my life, but not having my own here with me...well, I am sure you could imagine. Someone suggested I read this book called "Motherless Mothers." I read a book by the same author while I was in grad school called "Motherless Daughters." I really enjoyed this book because I connected with it on so many levels. So I thought I would pick up "Motherless Mothers" because, well, that is me. I was on page 2 and Ryan told me to put it down because I wasn't handling it very well. I was so entranced by this book. But by page 7 I just couldn't do it anymore. I had to put it down. Not only that, I had to put it out of sight. I am just not ready to read something like that. Perhaps in a few years, but not now. It was just too much.

Here is the cool thing about blogs. I can say mushy shit like that. Some people will read it, some will even comment on it, and others won't say a word because they don't know what to say. But it sure feels good putting it out there.

On another note, I am off to continue my search for cornish game hens. I have been to 3 stores already and can't find them. Are they out of season or something? I hope not, because I need 5 of them by 7pm tonight. Let me know if you've seen any, unless it was on the side of the road or in your backyard.

5 comments:

Grammy said...

Where's the belly photo? I looked yesterday, but decided not to bug you. Sounds like I am not the only one that looks forward to your blog. Still haven't figured out "Little Flower's" name, but don't worry, I am not giving up.
Krista, I want you to know that I think of your mom often. She will always be with you as you are part of her, and now your new daughter will be part of both of you. Know that there are a lot of people that love you and will be there for you. We cannot take your mom's place, but we can lend a loving hand. Personally, I can't wait. Love, Mom/Janie/Grammy

Anonymous said...

Krista!! I have to see you in-person one of these days before "she" comes out. Hmm.. as for guessing her name. From the pic, the flower looks like it's in the onion family of allium (am I close?). My thoughts to you, my Mom is "gone" too so if you ever need a hug...

jennette

The Conster said...

I'm not gonna tell you where to find CGH's. You might get all preggo crazy and decide to switch the flower pic with a naked hen, and call that your next ultrasound pic, or worse yet, you might decide to change the baby's name all together and use the naked hen pic as the clue. And since you need 5, you might try and say you have "5 in the oven", and we aren't talking the GE oven. Ha! Ok, you can tell I'm bored. Why else would people check blogs! ;P

Rebeccah said...

I figured it out, I did I did I did. Finally! And I have PROOF.

Eric said...

sorry i'm reading this late - but your favorite store, costco, usually has them =)

whole foods does too, but you know where'd Ryan or I would prefer to go =)