Not anymore.Nope. Lil' Miss Smitty is breech. 100%.
Did you know that only 3% of babies are breech? It seems fitting that our child would be so special. Just 2 weeks ago she was head down and dropping. Well, she took one look out at this crazy world and must have decided it wasn't for her.
Ryan thinks it is because I am working too much.
Ryan also thinks that because my preganancy was so easy that Melia decided to be stubborn and test us (did she HAVE to take on that trait from her parents?!?), and that she will ultimately turn.
Ryan also thinks that because my preganancy was so easy that Melia decided to be stubborn and test us (did she HAVE to take on that trait from her parents?!?), and that she will ultimately turn.
So what does this mean?
It means that I have to hang upside down as much as I can. You can often catch me with my feet in the air hoping that gravity will send her butt-up. I am also going to try acupuncture as this has been proven to be quite effective at turning a baby. One friend even did handstands in the pool. But it never worked for her.
It means that I have to hang upside down as much as I can. You can often catch me with my feet in the air hoping that gravity will send her butt-up. I am also going to try acupuncture as this has been proven to be quite effective at turning a baby. One friend even did handstands in the pool. But it never worked for her.
And if all else fails then I am scheduled June 5th for something called an external cephalic version, or simply "version." I am NOT happy about this. They give you a drug to relax the uterus (NOT happy about this) and then a doctor will manually turn the baby from the outside of the abdomen (SOOOO not happy about this). I hear it can be VERY uncomfortable. Some women even complain that it is as bad as labor pains.

Does this look fun to you? Well, not to me. There are risks too...not death to the mom or fetus, but it could result in fetal distress and an emergency C-Section. I don't want a C-Section. We did not put that in our birth plan for a reason!
Success rate: 65%.
This is why I will be hanging out upside down as much as I can for the next week and a half.
But here is the good news: I am now in the safety zone so if I go into labor, the docs won't stop it.
Hopefully next week we will see you on the flip side.


1 comment:
Hang in there Krista!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Melia turns on her own!!
Post a Comment