Monday, June 18, 2007

39 weeks: I'm done

Well.......this will be my last "pregnant" blog entry as this muffin will make her appearance in about 28 hours. What a ride it has been. I must say, I am so ready to meet her, and not be pregnant anymore. Ryan and I are going through so many emotions right now: joy, anticipation, excitement, nervousness, love, elation.

I woke up this morning at 4:30 and couldn't sleep. I looked over at Ryan, who was sound asleep. He looked so peaceful, asleep like a baby. Have I mentioned how lucky Melia is to have him as his dad? Not only do I get to be married to him but he is the father of our kids! This is a good week.

So how did we spend our last weekend together? The LAST weekend of peace and quiet, EVER?

It was perfect.

Friday night we stayed home to relax as I was the "Stay Puffed Marshmallow Lady." It has been quite warm here and I couldn't really move for fear of popping my swollen, bloated ankles. I think at one point I had cankles (Seinfeld reference for those not in the know).

On Saturday we did some last minute stuff around the house, like washing things that Melia will need upon her arrival. We then went to La Mediterranee on College for some yummy Greek food. Appropriate, eh? Then we had some ice cream from Ici- if you are ever in Berkeley you MUST get some ice cream from here. It was truly the tastiest ice cream I have ever had! I recommend the banana ice cream in a cone. I'm salivating just thinking about it. After ice cream we went and saw the movie "Knocked Up." It was HILARIOUS!!!!!! I was laughing so hard I thought I might go into labor. This is one movie worth seeing- we haven't laughed that much at a movie since "Meet the Parents!"

On Sunday we took a small drive and went up to Napa for a picnic at our favorite winery, V Sattui. We picked up some bread, meat, a variety of cheeses, and some grapes. Oh, and a chilled bottle of wine for Ryan. Despite being 90 degrees outside, it was so peaceful and relaxing. Ask Ryan how relaxed he was- he drank nearly the entire bottle of wine! We put out the picnic blanket, had a couple of sweet treats, bought some wine, and then came home. Later that night we watched "Giada in Paradise," which is a TV show on The Food Network. The episode was an hour long and it was all about Santorini, where this muffin was created. It was a trip down memory lane. We got to once again enjoy the scenery, the food, the wine. I know, it sounds kooky, but it was fun!

So that was how we spent our last weekend together. Did I mention how lucky we are?

Thank you to everyone for your love and support over the past 39.3 weeks. We are so fortunate to have people like you in our lives. Tomorrow morning at 9:30 am my C-Section will begin, and around 9:40 am Melia will be in our arms. Lucky? Us? I'd say so.

1 comment:

Eric said...

What a great way to spend your last 'quiet' weekend and first Father's Day! We can't wait to meet the muffin =P