Tuesday, June 19, 2007

The night before!

Well it's almost 1am right now and we're supposed to wake up in 5 hours to make the trip to the hospital. Thankfully I'll be able to tell you after tomorrow why it is that they require us to be there 2 1/2 hours before the procedure.

Krista just got into bed and said "oh my god, this is my last night" - referring to having to sleep upright. I just hope she's able to get a few hours of sleep in since she usually can't sleep at all the night before a big event (like her marathon). Then she said to me "you better not make me late" since I am notorious for making her 5-10 min late. What she doesn't realize is that most of the time we are late we still end up waiting around when we get there, which in my book means we were still early :)

Well it's pretty darn frightening and exciting at the same time to know that we will meet our daughter and finally know what she looks like in about 8 1/2 hours. It's been quite a ride the last 39.3 weeks and the crazy thing is that it's really just the beginning. I just can't wait until Melia is old enough to play with and to teach her to be inquisitive about life. And I'm not quite sure what I'd do if I hadn't married someone who is naturally good with kids. I know Krista will do really well tomorrow and the challenge is going to be getting her to let her body rest and heal afterwards. I just hope she doesn't get too annoyed with me telling her to take it easy ;)

We'll let you all know how things go and the detailed stats on the new smitty as soon as we have a chance.

Alright, signing off and we'll see you on the other side.

PS - make sure and read the post before this one and notice that Krista was awake at 4:30am this morning.

2 comments:

Elena said...

Probably as I type, you both are with your daughter...and I'm in tears just thinking about it. We talked about all of you at the meeting and we all checked our phones to see if there was any news yet. CALL!!!!!!

With much love

Elena

Rebeccah said...

Love all three of you!